Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where are your watches manufactured? Where do they ship from?
All watches are made in Switzerland but go through a final round of QC and are shipped from our headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. What shipping service do you use?
All our products are shipped via DHL Express with insurance and tracking.
3. Are your prices inclusive of local taxes and import duties?
No - our prices do not include import duties and other applicable taxes. These will be billed to you by DHL or your local customs authority on delivery.
4. I'm interested in your watches, do you have retailers or a physical store where I can see them?
Our products are available exclusively through our website and we do not have brick-and-mortar retail partners or a physical boutique. With our low production volume - having a physical presence would require us to increase prices significantly.
We do have meet ups, get togethers and other events from time to time. These events are the best way to check out our watches in the metal. To stay informed on the events, please sign up for our newsletter. Alternately, if you're in Kuala Lumpur or Vienna, please drop us an email.
5. How often should I have my MING watch serviced and how does the service process work?
We recommend a service every 5-7 years for your MING. When it's time for a service, please email us and we will take care of the entire process.
6. The straps included with my MING watch are too long/short for me. Do you sell straps in different sizes?
As a young brand, it's not possible for us to stock straps in various sizes due to the large MOQs required. We design our straps to fit wrist sizes ranging from 6"-8.3".
If you require a strap that is longer or shorter than this, we can recommend Jean Rousseau in Paris who can create a custom strap to your specifications. Just remember to let them know that you need a strap with curved ends and of 20/18mm width.
Alternatively, if you own a MING 17.03 GMT, you can also use any 20mm strap with straight ends.
7. What currency are your products priced in? Do you have pricing in other currencies?
All our products are priced in Swiss Francs (CHF) - but your credit card provider will charge you in your local currency at prevailing exchange rates.
We offer pricing in select currencies via bank transfer for the MING 19.01. Please e-mail us for more details.
8. Why do you offer a discount on the 19 series watches for payment via bank transfer? Is this available for your other watches?
We offer the discount on the 19 series timepieces for payment via bank transfer because we save this amount in PayPal fees and would like to pass it on to our customers.
This is not offered in the case of the 17 series timepieces as the savings is typically not enough to cover the charges for a bank transfer.
If you'd prefer to make payment via bank transfer, please e-mail us.