Starting with the MING 37.05 launch - we will be moving to a new, ordering system that was designed and developed based on customer feedback and with the intent of improving the purchasing experience.
The biggest addition with the new system is the ability to implement cart holds. Using the existing owner's batch of 150x 37.05s on 25 Nov as an example:
- The first 150 customers to click the 'Add to Cart' button will have a watch provisionally reserved for 5 minutes to allow them to complete payment.
- For these 5 minutes, no one else can add watches to cart or attempt to order.
- The 151st customer and anyone after who clicks the 'Add to Cart' button will be shown a 'Sold Out' page.
- If, after 5 minutes, an order is not completed, the system will then release the watch(es) back into stock and it will be available for order again. So please be sure to check back in again after a few minutes.
- Should you have a watch secured and you are in the midst of checking out, please do not close the window, refresh the browser or press the back button.
- If the watch is actually sold out, we will deactivate the order link/ button. If the link/ button remains active, this means that watches are in cart hold and may become available in a few minutes.
This system has been designed, developed and tested over the last eighteen months and includes anti-bot measures and has been designed to handle traffic significantly higher than we have experienced to date.
While we remain confident about the system and it's ability to execute cart holds seamlessly, we are aware that this is our first, live test and that it would be prudent to have a plan of action in the event of technical difficulties.
As such, should there be an issue on 25 and 26 November, we will immediately take the system offline and send out a newsletter informing customers of the same. We will then open for orders using the old system (without cart holds) after the weekend with the exact date and time to be communicated in the newsletter. Again, this is merely the back-up plan.
While no system is perfect, we believe that implementing cart holds allows for a more transparent process.
Subscribe to our newsletter: